Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Digital Equity Volunteer
We're looking for Digital Equity Volunteers!
Do you have a gift of teaching new learners? Have you worked with technologically-challenged individuals?
Join UWBA's partners as we are creating a cohort of volunteers to help bridge the digital divide for our clients during this time of COVID-19. Our clients are sheltering-in-place and still need to connect with their coaches and other resources to help them become more economically stable.
Our clients need help with:
- Operating their devices on a basic level in order to both maintain contact with their coaches
- Help them to navigate websites to connect them to resources. And that’s where you come in:
- English & Spanish speaking
- Intermediate to Advanced background knowledge in supporting the use and troubleshooting of mobile devices, computers & networks
- Cultural sensitivity to working with diverse populations in need
- You should be adept and resourceful with IT troubleshooting
- Super-patient, resilient and reassuring in handling and managing client frustrations with technology
- Sensitive to the cultural and societal dynamics in delivering assistance to clients in need.
- Have reliable computer and internet
If you feel you meet the skills above or you're will to learn please express interest below. After expressing interest, please send you're resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
United Way Bay Area is a nonprofit organization in the Bay Area poverty. We’re harnessing the collective power of nonprofits, government, corporations, labor and thousands of individuals to create change through giving, advocating, and volunteering. Every year, our programs – SparkPoint, Earn It! Keep It! Save It!, 211, Census, EFSP/EAN, and youth programs – help more than 250,000 Bay Area residents. We connect people to food and shelter, put people back to work, bring tax dollars back to our community, help youth succeed in school and in the workplace, and move people toward financial stability. Founded in 1922, United Way Bay Area serves Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Solano Counties. For more information, visit uwba.org.
As an intermediary we engage employer partners, volunteers, educational institutions and CBO’s to improve life outcomes for youth. We work to decrease barriers and increase career exposure in youth to ensure better career development opportunities that lead to economic prosperity. We do this through:
- Providing interactive approaches to connect the dots of career development.
- Facilitating job shadows and career exploration events both inside & outside of the community.
- Hosting hiring events and executing Business Pathways.
- Operating as a convener, fundraiser, event planner and technical assistance pro
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: