Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:25+
Be an Ambassador and Comfort Seniors in the South Bay
Volunteer as an Ambassador and bring Joy to a Senior's Life
The National Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) was created by Congress in 1983 to help social service agencies provide emergency relief to those in need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) chairs the National Board, and United Way Worldwide is the fiscal agent and staff for the program. Below, we've listed one UWBA's grantees, Soucewise, who could use additional volunteer help.
Sourcewise Ambassador's Program: Human connection, fellowship and friendship is good for the mind and soul. Volunteers bring a little joy and companionship to homebound seniors in our community.
Are you a natural nurturer who loves good conversation? The Sourcewise Ambassador Program is a perfect volunteer opportunity for you. Whether it’s a few minutes or an hour, a wellness call helps our elders feel connected during these uncertain times. By joining our Ambassador’s Program, you will positively impact our fellow community members’ lives by helping to prevent social isolation and loneliness-two of the most prevalent issues affecting seniors today due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Volunteer Duties: Conduct calls to a short list of seniors on a weekly basis. The calls may range from a few minutes to longer, depending if the senior is open to friendly conversation with you or prefers to keep the wellness calls brief as just a check-in call.
- Log in time spent on calls onto timesheet (digital) and send to the Volunteer Coordinator via email every week.
- Provide updates to Volunteer Coordinator via email on a weekly basis.
- Complete a volunteering application (Link to application)
- Complete a background check. The cost will be reimbursed by Sourcewise. Alternatively, if a volunteer has completed a background check through their employer, they may provide a letter from their supervisor or company stating they have completed and passed your company’s DOJ and FBI background check.
- Watch a 30-minute training video from the California Department of Aging on Data Privacy (at this link)
- Complete a 45-minute virtual orientation with the Volunteer Coordinator who will coordinate a date and time with applicants.
Thank you for your interest in Sourcewise's volunteer opportunity. Their volunteer coordinator will follow-up with you once you complete their application.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: