Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+
Sacred Heart Community Service (VITA & DIY-Taxes) - Weekly Team 2020
- DAYS OF OPERATION: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays from Jan. 21, 2020 through Apr. 30, 2020.
- SHIFT TIMES:
- Thursday 2PM - 6PM (early shift)
- Thursday 4PM - 8PM (late shift)
- Sunday 10AM - 2PM (early shift)
- Sunday 12PM - 4PM (late shift)
- Simply choose ONE of the above shifts that you can do on a weekly basis! If you can do multiple shifts, that's great but not required.
- We have overlapping shifts so that we have enough volunteer staff coverage to: cover our volume of appointments and allow volunteers to take breaks.
- ROLES / LANGUAGES NEEDED: We want you to join us as a volunteer tax preparer, greeter / intake specialist, or translator (Spanish)! Additionally, our site is looking for a couple more volunteers that can certify in Foreign Student Certification -- this is NOT a requirement to volunteer at our site, but if you're up for it, it would definitely be helpful to have since we see some foreign students (being near several colleges and all).
- SPECIAL CLOSURE DATES: Not open on 2/16, 3/31 and 4/12 due to President's Day holiday weekend, Cesar Chavez holiday, and Easter respectively.
- GOOGLE MAP: 1381 South First Street, San Jose, CA 95110.
- SITE COORDINATORS / LEADERS: Magesh Jayapandian, Judi Vera, John Wills, John Thatcher, Marcy Taylor, Niranjan Nilakantan.
- NOTE ABOUT SHIFT ABSENCES: If you need to miss a couple of our shifts (due to pre-planned vacations, family obligations, work, sick), that is okay! Just be sure to let us know in advance since our entire staff is made up of volunteers and we need to make sure we have enough coverage.
About Sacred Heart Community Service
Sacred Heart Community Service (SHCS) brings our community together to address poverty in Silicon Valley. Through a comprehensive array of community organizing committees, mutual support programs, and resources, we are working together to improve our lives. Our vision is a community united to ensure that every child and adult is free from poverty. We have been participating in the local Earn It! Keep It! Save It! tax coalition for 10 years (this upcoming season will be our 10th tax season)! We look forward to having you join us as we work to help more local community members with free tax preparation! If you have any questions, please hit the "Click to email this contact" link below to shoot me (Adriana) an email.
FIRST: Sign up for this site.
- To sign up for our site as a volunteer, simply click on the "+ or -" sign next to the first operating day below (for the day/time of the week that you want to do). For example, if you only want to volunteer on Thursdays from 4-8pm, click on the "+/-" symbol next to the first Thursday 4-8pm date. Then click on the "Sign Up" button! You will automatically be added to all of the shifts for that specific day/time of the week.
- After signing up, you should receive an email confirmation!
NEXT: Sign up for training.
- EXPERIENCED / RETURNING: GO HERE.
- FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS: SIGN UP HERE.
- You can read more about the exact steps for becoming certified as a tax volunteer here: http://earnitkeepitsaveit.org/training. Simply choose the type of volunteer you are and follow the steps!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: