Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Building Skills Partnership - San Jose (VITA) - Weekly Team 2020
- DAYS OF OPERATION: Saturdays from Jan. 25, 2020 through Apr. 11, 2020
- SHIFT TIMES:
- 11AM - 12:30PM (midday)
- 1PM - 2:30PM (early afternoon)
- 2:30PM - 4PM (late afternoon)
- Simply choose ONE of the above shifts that you can do on a weekly basis! If you can do multiple (or all) shifts, that's great but not required.
- ROLES / LANGUAGES NEEDED: We are looking for volunteer tax preparers, greeters / intake specialists, translators, and a savings champion (who would be in charge of helping taxpayers sign up for the savings raffle)! We especially need volunteers who can speak Spanish. This is NOT a requirement to volunteer at this site, but the majority of our clients speak Spanish.
- SPECIAL CLOSURE DATES: Not open on 2/15 due to holiday weekend.
- GOOGLE MAP: 1010 Ruff Dr, San Jose, CA 95110.
- SITE COORDINATOR / LEADER: Gabriela Berumen.
- NOTE ABOUT SHIFT ABSENCES: If you need to miss a couple of our shifts (due to pre-planned vacations, family obligations, work, sick), that is okay! Just be sure to let us know in advance since our entire staff is made up of volunteers and we need to make sure we have enough coverage.
About Building Skills Partnership
Building Skills Partnership (BSP) is a statewide non-profit whose mission is to improve the quality of life of building service workers and their families across the state of California by providing access to education, workplace development opportunities, and much more! Through our Financial Capability program, we offer financial capability classes, community workshops, financial coaching, and free tax preparation services (VITA). BSP has been participating in the local Earn It! Keep It! Save It! tax coalition for 4+ years! We look forward to having you join us as we work to help more local community members with free tax preparation! If you have any questions, please hit the "Click to email this contact" link below to shoot me (Gabby) an email.
FIRST: Sign up for this site!
- To sign up for our site as a volunteer, simply click on the "+ or -" sign next to the first operating day below (for the shift time that you want to do). For example, if you only want to volunteer on Saturday at 11am, click on the "+/-" symbol next to the first Saturday 11am date. Then click on the "Sign Up" button! You will automatically be added to all of the shifts for that specific day/time of the week.
- After signing up, you should receive an email confirmation!
NEXT: Sign up for training (BOOKMARK THESE LINKS).
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: