Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
DeAnza Community College (VITA & DIY-Taxes)
- DAYS OF OPERATION: Wednesdays and Thursdays from Feb. 5, 2020 through Apr. 15, 2020.
- SHIFT TIMES:
- Thursdays 10AM - 1PM.
- Simply choose ONE of the above shifts that you can do on a weekly basis! If you can do both shifts, that's great but not required.
- ROLES NEEDED: We want you to join us as a volunteer tax preparer! Additionally, our site is looking for a couple more volunteers that can certify in Foreign Student Certification -- this is NOT a requirement to volunteer at our site, but if you're up for it, it would definitely be helpful to have since we see some foreign students (being at a college and all).
- SPECIAL CLOSURE DATES: Not open on 4/1 and 4/2 due to DeAnza Spring Break.
- GOOGLE MAP: Hinson Campus Center at DeAnza Community College in Cupertino.
- SITE COORDINATOR / LEADER: Justin Chueh.
- NOT ABOUT SHIFT ABSENCES: If you need to miss a couple of our shifts (due to pre-planned vacations, family obligations, work, sick), that is okay! Just be sure to let us know in advance since our entire staff is made up of volunteers and we need to make sure we have enough coverage.
About DeAnza Community College
DeAnza Community College has been participating in the local Earn It! Keep It! Save It! tax coalition for 6+ years! We look forward to having you join us as we work to help more local community members with free tax preparation! If you have any questions, please hit the "Click to email this contact" link below to shoot me (Justin) an email.
FIRST: Sign up for this site.
- To sign up for our site as a volunteer, simply click on the "+ or -" sign next to the first operating day below (for the day of the week that you want to do). For example, if you only want to volunteer on Thursdays, click on the "+/-" symbol next to the first Thursday date. Then click on the "Sign Up" button! You will automatically be added to all of the shifts for that specific day/time of the week.
- After signing up, you should receive an email confirmation!
NEXT: Sign up for training.
- EXPERIENCED / RETURNING VOLUNTEERS: GO HERE.
- FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS: SIGN UP HERE.
- You can read more about the exact steps for becoming certified as a tax volunteer here: http://earnitkeepitsaveit.org/training. Simply choose the type of volunteer you are and follow the steps!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: