Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Drivers to Deliver School Supplies and Backpack
United Way Bay Area is partnering to support their Restaurants for the People program in Oakland. We are looking for 10 volunteers per day to help deliver meals to various sites around Oakland and the East Bay between the hours of August - September.
1. Volunteers will sign-up for one county (Alameda, Solano, Contra Costa, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Marin, & Napa).
2. Pick up supplies or backpacks from a donation site.
3. Take a picture of it on the steps and repeat. It's a fun, safe, and easy way to still volunteer during tough times for this pilot. .
United Way Bay Area is helping to recruit volunteers for this contactless opportunity. This is a pilot opportunity and we'd love volunteer feedback.
Requirements: We ask that all volunteers are friendly and reliable. All volunteers must have a car (or driver), car insurance, and the ability to lift 25lbs. Supplies are pre packaged and vehicles should accomodate a minium of10 backpacks. Volunteers and partners are required to wear a mask and gloves. If you are sick, or have been diagnosied with Covid-19, we ask that you find a different volunteer opportunity.
Instructions: Please express interest below and you will be invited to a virtual 30 minute orientation in August and training where you will learn more. There is a live assistant who can help with any pick-up/delivery questions.
Feel free to email Anton with additional questions.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: