Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Come volunteer for Hidden Genius Project's Global Tech Slam!
UWBA is supporting Hidden Genius Project’s Global Tech Slam. During the 4-week event, UWBA will help coordinate Community Expos for Secure the Bag Tuesdays where youth and their families will learn more about personal finances and UWBA services.
Global Slam Overview: Given that schools are closed for in-person activities for the remainder of the school year, we thought it would be a great opportunity to leverage some creative platforms to deliver some educational opportunities to what might be a broader youth population. Organizing partners include The Hidden Genius Project, TEAM INC, and Global Tech Cities. The Global TechSlam event will serve as a lure event followed by 30 days of Dynamic Youth Programming that will be open for youth in the US, UK, and Johannesburg South Africa. We are offering the lessons via a webinar or "live" format, to allow young attendees to work directly with volunteers.
Community Expo: The Community Expo is designed to allow young people to explore intersections of community engagement and technology through a multitude of perspectives. The intent is for student participants to leave the experience feeling not only as though there are a host of exciting opportunities for them in the tech space, but also that they themselves have much to offer.
- Each session centers on a specific topic of more "holistic" relevance
- Content for each session is delivered by a subject matter expert with enthusiasm for
- sharing about what they do with young people
- Each session involves a Hidden Genius (likely an alum) as an interviewer/discussion
- partner; partners can present a short "how-to" on a sports topic integrating technology; additional host or facilitator, who can elevate the energy
- of each session and/or feels comfortable with the applicable technology platform(s)
- Sessions last no longer than 35-45 minutes, maximum
- Each theme will be repeated 1x per week over a span of 4 weeks
Dates: July 21 and 28 between 11am - 1pm
This opportunity is still in development. We are looking for companies to tell us more about what presentations or curriculum they have available or can provide. Thank you in advance for connecting with us!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: