Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
No Sew Blankets
A blanket is comfort and can bring warmth and joy to someone battling illness in the hospital, braving cold days, and working through tough situations. By taking your time to craft this blanket, the person who receives this will not only receive the comfort of warmth, but the comfort of knowing you and others are bringing care and kindness to our community.
Help us to create 50-100 no sew blankets for partners who serve clients who are currently suffering from homelessness. With impacts of Covid and the fires, we have had requests from many populations who could use more comfort during these times.
No-Sew Blanket Volunteer Project Instructions
- 2 pieces of equal length fleece fabric (suggested length: 1.5 yd) You will need 2 pieces of equal length fabric in 2 different designs (one for each side of your blanket!)
- Fabric scissors
- Ruler Pen or other writing utensil
- Check out this video for how it would go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTL6bEz8y5c.
- Determine your budget by figuring out the # of volunteers and the # of blanket's you'd like to make.
- Email Anton at email@example.com and let him know you'd like to do a DIY Blanket No Sew opportunity or if you'd like to sponsor the opportunity for your team. If you are looking for UWBA to coordinate the logistics, please request a sponsorship for a proposal.
- Work with UWBA to purchase desired fleece fabric at any craft store or online.Also, determine what other supplies are needed to mail individual kits to everyone on your team.
- Work independently or gather your team of volunteers (friends, family, coworkers—anyone!) in a workspace or virtually for the opportunity.
Why We Need Your Help:
United Way Bay Area aids the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) as well as the Emergency Assistance Network (EAN) of Santa Clara County. These programs are in place to give to individuals in need of basic food and shelter, financial assistance, or emergency services. The blankets will go toward supplying materials to these programs and brightening the day of those being cared for.
This project is still developing and we're happy to hear more about how you can help us to make 50 blankets. We are looking for people or groups to sponsor this opportunity or those who can donate or purchase material for the blankets. If that sounds like you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Thank you for your supportive volunteer work!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: