Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
EKS/VITA - Tax Prep Volunteer for GetYourRefund.org
To all of our tax volunteers--
- If you volunteered at a one of our tax sites last year or in a previous year, please prioritize helping out at that site!
- If your VITA site will temporarily be closed for the upcoming tax season OR if you simply want to help out an additional site, consider helping out with our GetYourRefund.org online operation!
All volunteering with the UWBA GetYourRefund team will be remote. We will provide more information in mid-December and training to all GetYourRefund volunteers in January.
This specific role of Tax Prep Volunteer will involve you engaging with the taxpayers that have already completed the intake sheet remotely and uploaded their documents to our secure cloud. Your role will be to engage with the taxpayer and prepare their tax return. Training will be provided.
Requirements for the Tax Prep Volunteer role:
- Must have completed at least one of the following IRS VITA certifications (Advanced, Qualified Experienced Volunteer, or Circular 230 for Tax Professionals).
- Must be an experienced / returning volunteer to the VITA program.
- Must be able to volunteer regularly from February 1st through April 15th.
- Great with people and customer service.
- Must be comfortable using technology, a computer, and the internet.
- Must have a computer at home with internet access and be able to follow set privacy/confidentiality/security guidelines.
- Computer must have a microphone (internal OR external - both are acceptable).
- Attendance at the GetYourRefund volunteer training in January will be mandatory (dates/times still To-Be-Determined) -- you must already be IRS-certified by the training date as we will only be training folks who have completed their VITA certification.
Helpful but not required:
- Can speak a second language (like Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, Farsi)
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: